Total Pageviews

Wednesday 18 December 2013

The Benefits of Green Tea

Green tea is becoming more and more popular because people are becoming aware of its health benefits.

My mom is the one who got me sipping on green tea. For her,it was mostly for weight loss. For me however, I drink it to simply keep healthy and perhaps keep those body fats in check especially now that its festive season. Can't get away from all those delicious festive foods!

I prefer the Rooibos Brand because it is caffeine free,has low tannin and this particular one has ginger which is a very healthy ingredient.

I'm going to share some of the health benefits that come with drinking green tea.

BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA:

1) Weight loss - This is one of the most common reasons for drinking green tea. It increases metabolism and burns fat.

2)Diabetes ~ It regulates glucose levels,slowing the rise of blood sugar levels after eating.

3) Heart disease- Scientists believe that green tea helps with the lining of blood vessels, helping them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure.  It helps protect against the formation of blood clots which is the most common cause for heart attacks. 

4) Tooth decay- Chemical antioxidant "catechin" in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that cause throat infections and other dental conditions. 

5) Depression- Theanine is an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves. It provides a relaxing and tranquilising effect.It always helps lift my mood. 

6) Skincare- It helps reduce wrinkles and any signs of aging. You're never too young to worry about that!

7)Cancer - It is known to kill cancer cells without damaging the healthy tissue around them.

I definitely don't drink green tea for the taste, but rather for what it means for my health and wellbeing. 
Two cups a day should do it but if you wish to have more you should consider taking supplements instead unless you don't mind keep you going to the bathroom all day.

There is caffeine in green tea. I am sensitive to caffeine,thats why I recommend Rooibos if you have the same problem.

There are many other benefits of green tea which you can research. These are just a few. Makes me wonder why I've been drinking anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment