Total Pageviews

Monday 9 December 2013

SA Bloggers Charity Event

SA Bloggers Charity Event

On Saturday  07 December 2013, I attended the SA BLOGGERS charity event which was a visit to Khulani childrens shelter in Parkhill,Durban.

It was great for bloggers to come together and REALLY make a difference.  With the passing of the "Father of the Nation" ,Nelson Mandela, it was of great significance.

Ofcourse the turn out was a lil disappointing to say the least,but all that truly matters is that we changed a few lives.Sounds cliche' but "Quality is better than quantity". We had a good time nonetheless. 

Charity work is something very close to my heart. It gives you such joy I cannot possibly explain. I give not only to the unfortunate,but its also a gift to myself.It makes me feel good and gives me a sense of purpose.

The kids were so precious and well behaved. Most importantly, they were happy despite the odds they've each had to face.

We spent about an hour with them. While they sang the National Anthem for us and devoured the goodies we brought for them. We got a little tour of the home and I swear those kids make their beds better than my grown self.

I must add that I take my hats off to the men and women who dedicate their lives to making sure that these children are well looked after and safe. They are often forgotten.

If you have a donation of any kind,please feel free to contact me or any of the SA Bloggers team members. 

You can follow @SABLOGGERS on twitter for more info.

Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment